Lecithin in the pharmaceutical field
The importance of phospholipids, which are the main component of fractionated and highly purified lecithins, is increasing in pharmacy. Its function as a technical auxiliary in the preparation of medicines is particularly valued.
lecithins or their phospholipids can be used in a variety of applications and as a component of active ingredients, e.g.
- to control blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- to stabilize the membrane function
- for the treatment of lipid metabolism disorders
- for the treatment of atherosclerosis
- for the treatment of liver and gallbladder diseases
- to stabilize the lung surfactant
- to improve nerve and brain function
- to strengthen the constitution
When used as an auxiliary, the emulsifying and stabilizing effect is particularly important:
- as an emulsifier for infusion solutions
- for the production of liposomes
- as a lubricating and distributing agent for suppository masses
- as a stabilizer for suspensions and emulsions